UKHACC — Realising the health benefits of cleaner airDate: 21 June 2018 Location: Glasgow City Chambers, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1DU Organised by: UK Health Alliance on Climate Change
Join the UKHACC in Glasgow on Clean Air Day for a discussion on the air quality crisis in Scotland and Glasgow, one of the UK’s most polluted cities, the solutions for tackling it and the large health benefits that could be realised in the process.
Doors open at 10:30 am with talks starting at 11:00 am, followed by a Q&A.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Anna Richardson, Councillor and City Convener for Sustainability and Carbon Reduction, Glasgow City Council
- Theresa Fyffe, Director, Royal College of Nursing in Scotland
- Jackie Hyland, Consultant in Public Health Medicine
- Ben Edwards, Member of Scottish Youth Parliament for Stirling
- Laurie Laybourn-Langton, Director of UK Health Alliance on Climate Change
- Clare Carruthers, Environmental Protection Scotland
- Vincent McInally, Sustainable Glasgow, Glasgow City Council
The event takes place on Thursday 21 June and is free to attend. Tickets can be found here.