Local Government Committee – Call for Evidence on City Region DealsDeadline 02 May 2017
The Local Government and Communities Committee have issued a call for written evidence on the City Region Deals and local growth deals.
There are currently three agreed City Region Deals in Scotland, which represent a partnership of funding between the Scottish Government, UK Government, local government and regional partners.
Organisations and individuals are invited to submit written evidence to the Committee setting out their views on whether City Region Deals are on course to deliver local economic growth and major infrastructure projects in line with their original proposals. This could include views on the effectiveness of shifting responsibility for local economic development to local leaders through joint working initiatives.
It would be helpful if written submissions could address the following questions:
- What is your understanding of the purpose of City Region Deals?
- Are City Region Deals on track to deliver local growth, innovation and infrastructure schemes which would not have otherwise been delivered?
- What is your understanding of the governance arrangements for City Region Deals, and how well are these arrangements working in practice?
- Have local residents and businesses been kept informed and involved in the development and activities of City Region Deals?
- Are regions not covered by City Region Deals able to access equivalent funding and support for growth, innovation and infrastructure schemes?
- Are City Regions Deals supporting a shift towards local decision-making on major investment projects?
- Any other issues relating to City Region Deals which you wish to bring to the attention of the Committee?
The closing date for receipt of submissions is Tuesday 2 May 2017.
For more information on the call for evidence and how to submit your response, see here.
To see a briefing on the City Region Deals from the Scottish Parliament Information Centre, see here.