Committee on Climate Change — Sixth Carbon Budget Call For EvidenceDeadline 05 February 2020
The Committee on Climate Change has launched a new Call for Evidence to inform its advice to the UK Government on the Sixth Carbon Budget, due to be published in September 2020.
The Sixth Carbon Budget, required under the Climate Change Act, will provide ministers with the Committee’s recommendation on the level of greenhouse gases the UK can emit during the period 2033-2037.
The Call for Evidence questions are divided into five themed sections:
- Climate science and international circumstances
- The path to the 2050 target
- Delivering carbon budgets
- Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Sector-specific questions
To respond please visit the Committee on Climate Change website. The deadline for responses is Wednesday, 5 February 2020