Committee on Climate Change — Call for evidence on ‘Building a zero carbon economy’Deadline 07 December 2018
The Committee on Climate Change have issued a call for evidence on ‘Building a zero carbon economy’ to support their response to the request from the UK and Devolved Administrations for advice on their long-term targets. The committee are requesting responses, from those with specific expertise, on the following points:
- When the UK should reach net zero emissions of carbon dioxide and/or greenhouse gases as a contribution to global ambition under the Paris Agreement.
- If that target should be set now.
- The implications for emissions in 2050.
- How such reductions can be achieved.
- The costs and benefits involved in comparison to existing targets.
The deadline is 12 noon on December 7.