Transform joins call to get ‘Scotland on the move’Published 26 October 2016 by Jamie Wylie
Ahead of the Scottish Local Authority elections in May 2017, Transform Scotland has contributed to a new ‘Scotland on the move’ manifesto.
The manifesto, co-produced by a number of active travel organisations including Sustrans, Living Streets Scotland and Paths for All, highlights the key issues which local authorities need to focus on over the next five year to improve conditions for walking and cycling.
The manifesto sets out five key recommendations:
- Link communities across Scotland
- Make towns and cities people-friendly
- Enable children and young people to travel actively
- Make walking and cycling easy for everyone
- Make roads safer for people on foot and bike
To read the manifesto in full, please see here.